Upwork SEO Test 2017
Pass test with rajat marketing mania
20 Answered Test Questions:
1. Which of the following image file types can be indexed by Google?
2. Which of the following correctly describes what are considered to be “Doorway pages”?
a. Pages with a permanent redirect(301) to an external page with relevant content.
b. Pages especially designed to link partner sites.
c. Sets of poor-quality pages where each page is optimized for a specific keyword or phrase.
d. None of these.
3. What would be the impact of meta keywords on Google’s ranking algorithm?
a. Meta keywords are not used by Google.
b. Multiple meta keywords may bring better results in SERP.
c. Google encourages the use of a single meta keyword for each page.
d. Multiple meta keywords get penalized by Google.
4. Which of the following best describes the practice of “Google Bowling” from a negative SEO context?
a. Increasing the organic search ranking of a particular website or page by pointing hundreds or thousands of links at it, using very specific anchor text.
b. Knocking a competitor out of the search results by pointing hundreds or thousands of low trust, low quality links at their website.
c. Making a search engine believe that another website exists at a given URL.
d. Using words which were traditionally associated with low quality content that caused search engines to want to demote the rankings of a page.
5. Which of the following HTTP headers tells search engines when content has been changed since the site was last crawled?
6. ]Which of the following is not a valid goal type from the perspective of Google Analytics?
c. Pages/Screens per visit
7. Which of the following best describes a blog “TrackBack”?
a. An automated notification that a website mentioned another website; it is a built-in feature on most popular blogging software programs.
b. A link from one website to another. It is also called an inbound link.
c. A method used to break a page down into multiple points on the web graph by breaking its pages down into smaller blocks.
d. It is a method for tracking visitors on a website.
8. Which of the following practices are allowable under Google Webmaster Guidelines?
a. Using automated programs or services to create links to a site.
b. Links with optimized anchor text in articles or press releases distributed on other sites.
c. Forum commenting with optimized links in the post or signature.
d. Advertising links that use the nofollow attribute.
9. Please choose which of the following tool belongs to the Bing Search Engine?
a. Keyword Planner
b. SEO Analyzer
c. Object Browser
d. Open Graph Debugger
10. Which of the following rich snippet formats are supported by Google? Select all that apply.
c. Data Highlighter
11. Which of the following is not a valid method for verifying site ownership on Google?
a. HTML file verification
b. Meta tag verification
c. Google Analytics code verification
d. None of these.
12. Which of the following statements is true about Sitemaps?
a. If a site is accessible on both the www and non-www versions of its domain, a separate Sitemap for each version must be submitted.
b. A Sitemap file must contain no more than 50,000 URLs and must be no larger than 50MB when uncompressed.
c. A Sitemap file should be specified under the following XML namespace: xmlns=”http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap/0.9″.
d. Google only accepts Sitemap files in XML format.
13. Which of the following HTML attributes can be used to provide descriptive text for site assets that a search engine crawler doesn’t typically recognize?
14. Which of the following practices may improve the Domain Authority rank of an automobile trading website?
A: Submitting the website to all directories that are available.
B: Getting backlinks from auto-niche blogs.
C: Getting backlinks from fashion-niche blogs.
D: Using Robots to post on forums.
E: Manually posting at least 50 comments/day.
a. A, D and E
c. B, D and E
d. All of above.
15. Which of the following is an example of “Cloaking”, which is considered a “black hat” SEO technique?
a. Sending a visitor to a different URL than the one they initially requested.
b. Locating text behind an image.
c. Serving a page of HTML text to search engines, while showing a page of images or Flash to users.
d. Using CSS to position text off-screen.
16. Which is the correct usage of the Keyword Planner Tool in order to get a Phrase Match search volume for “New York hotels”?
a. New York Hotels
b. “New York Hotels”
c. [New York Hotels]
d. ?New York Hotels
17. Which of the following statements is true about the effect of page load times to a page’s ranking in Google’s search results?
a. Page load times affect a page’s ranking, and is given the same importance as a page’s relevance to the search query.
b. Page load times affect a page’s ranking, but is given lesser importance compared to a page’s relevance to the search query.
c. Page load times do not affect a page’s ranking.
d. Google gives up on crawling a page if its load time is greater than 5 seconds.
18. Which of the following is true about Google’s treatment of keyword density in a given page?
a. Keyword density is no longer being considered by Google’s search algorithms.
b. Targeted keywords should be used as frequently as possible in a page to maximize PageRank.
c. Artificially increasing keyword density offers diminishing returns and may be penalized for “keyword stuffing” if taken too far.
c. None of these.
19. Which of the following examples are considered by Google as “auto-generated” content? Select all that apply.
a. Text translated by an automated tool without human review or curation before publishing
b. Text generated from scraping Atom/RSS feeds or search results
c. Text generated by the website’s content management system
d. Text generated using automated synonymizing or obfuscation techniques
20. Which of the following are recommended actions to take when a website is penalized by an “Unnatural links to your site” Manual Action from Google? Select all that apply.
a. Removing old content from the site.
b. Preventing links that violate Google’s guidelines from passing PageRank.
c. Using the Google Webmaster Tools to disavow any offending links that the site management isn’t responsible for.
d. Requesting reconsideration of the site from Google.